Making A Change! with Tarylynn :)
I went grocery shopping today. I don’t have much money at the moment. Being a working college student with school, rent, and bills to pay doesn’t leave me with much leftover each month. However, I was in a desperate need for groceries as my pantry is looking pretty scarce. I decided to give myself a $40 limit.
I’m the kind of person that can spend hours in a grocery store. I always loved going grocery shopping with my grandma when I was a kid. I decided to take my time and browse through the aisles to see what I needed and what I didn’t need (I had left my list at home! Grr!) I spent about an hour picking up various items and reading the ingredients in them. I am so glad I did because some of the stuff I thought might be “healthy” definitely were not! They like to trick you with words like “whole grain” and “whole wheat” when what they mean is “It has some grains and some wheat but look at all the other horrible additives in it!”
Always make sure it says 100% whole grain/wheat.
Here’s what I bought:
- Chobani Non-Fat Vanilla Yogurt
- Honey Maid Low-Fat Cinnamon Graham Crackers
- Oat Revolution Cinnamon&Spice Oatmeal
- Sara Lee 100% Whole Wheat Bread
- Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- Kind Arthur 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter
- Chocolate Pudding Mix (for baking)
- Burt’s Bees Shampoo&Conditioner (irrelevant)
And all for $41.07!
When I got home I decided to make me something to eat. I got some Chobani Yogurt and mixed it with half of a sliced banana, one crumbled graham cracker, and some cinnamon. Yummy!
Turning my diet around one thing at a time :)